Martin's 23 Things

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Internet Video

Well, for my money Google Video and Youtube have the market cornered in terms of online, free streaming video and the "social video web" phenomenon. The only thing I really don't like about Youtube is that you can't copy and save the files to your desktop, with them being streaming only it limits the mobility of the content, but that's just me. With Google you can download the video for Windows or Mac compatibility. In my point of view, that's the way to go. One of the new things that I have not gotten into yet, is the streaming of commercial products such as The Simpons and other television shows. I saw that, for $1.99, I could watch an episode of The Simpsons. The neatest thing I like is the ability to keep up with movie trailers. Google especially does a good job with that. I also like the search interface for Google Video better. The one thing that is interesting about this phenomenon of the "social video" network is that people are actually willing to put almost anything about themselves up on the Internet. I wonder if some of these people will later wish they (or their friends / enemies) hadn't been quite so forthcoming with videos about themselves.

I think of the funniest / scariest things I found is this William Shatner video of him singing Rocketman. Boy, some people really shouldn't sing. :)

Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home