Martin's 23 Things

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Netlibrary

The idea behind eAudiobooks is a good one.

Listening to an eAudiobook on thePC is about as easy as it gets. After you make yourself an acccount you can download something your are interested in. I have always chosen to download the "radio quality" and not the "cd quality" version since the different is pretty miniscule to me, but the download time is drastically different. As long as you have a fast connection, the download will complete in about 5 or so minutes, depending on the size of the .wma file you download. Windows Media Player handles the DRM seamlessly, and keeps the license up to date for you in the DRM directory. I personally would not listen to an eAudiobook on a PC because I'd rather it be completely portable so that I could I enjoy my Ed McBain book while sitting in rush hour traffic. I can't wait to try the MP3 player the library is giving as a reward for all of this so that I can start enjoying my eAudiobooks while on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home